Social Media Optimization or SMO is the process of using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, etc. to bring awareness regarding a product, service or event. It is the fastest and most effective way of generating leads and bringing relevant traffic. Professionals performing this activity are called SMO experts.
To start with, your goal should be to create an impressive online presence and reputation across all social media platforms. For that, you should know the latest trends and then churn your brain cells to bring out creativity. Get in touch with us for ROI driven SMO services or webinars and workshop sessions for your employees for additional help.
SMO is the best way to reach out to the relevant audience and introduce them to your business. SMO eventually improves brand visibility, attracts relevant traffic, boosts lead generation and creates a strong web presence. All this drastically improves the search engine rankings.
The cost of SMM varies with the tasks to be performed and the budget allocated for the paid ads. The tasks include brainstorming a social media strategy, developing a content plan, setting up or auditing social media profiles, advertising strategy for different platforms, custom ads, etc.
The main aim of every social media marketing strategy is to build brand awareness, promote content, increase following and engage niche audiences on social media networks such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, etc. This eventually results in more number of leads being generated, higher conversions and a huge jump in ROI.
While building a strategy for SMM, make sure that it is concise and well-planned so that it is measurable and attainable. Follow these six steps for an unprecedented SMM strategy.
- Create a social media marketing strategy that is specific, attainable, measurable, relevant and time-bound.
- Perform in-depth competitive analysis and engage in social listening.
- Research your audience.
- Curate engaging content as per your niche audience.
- Make timeliness a top priority.
- Track, assess and improve.
For a successful social media campaign, you need more likes, shares, comments, followers and ultimately conversions. Here are a few tips for a successful social media campaign:
- Know your niche audience.
- Research about the promotional guidelines of the targeted social media platform.
- Offer something of value such as contests, gift hampers, discounts, highlighting names on website/ blog, etc.
- Work on SEO such as hashtags, handles, relevant search words, etc.
- Actively engage with the participants.
- If things are not working, check metrics and re-strategize the campaign.
Here are a few tips to optimize social media:
- Use relevant hashtags, usernames, and handles.
- Be consistent in post creation, scheduling, and publication.
- Integrate social plugins on the website.
- Maximize the use of infographics, images, and videos. If possible add subtitles to videos.
- Be active and responsive on every platform that runs the campaign.
- Build relationships with influencers or brands.
The top 6 social media content that gives exceptional results are as follows:
- Videos and podcasts
- Interactive or User-generated Content (UGC) such as caption contest, tagline contest, etc
- Live Streaming and webinars
The main aim of every online marketing strategy is to boost traffic, bring awareness and visibility to the business. Both SEO and SMO techniques have their own distinct features and a strategic role to play in digital marketing.
SEO helps to optimize the website for search engines and SMO helps to share the content off-site. SMO allows businesses to connect with customers and potential customers on a personal level, while SEO allows your site to remain high in search engine results.
Both the strategies go hand in hand for the longevity and success of any business.